Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Flower Fest Card



Hello Again! I am back for my second post from the new house. I still have not found all my designer paper but I am working with what I have found so far. Ahhh....moving is so fun :) I did this card for the challenge on the Paper Players Blog. I needed some inspiration today to get me going! You can check out the sketch and all the great cards that were designed from it at http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-84-sketch-from-leanne.html


So we have moved from Tri Cities, WA, which is pretty sunny to just out side of Seattle where we have found out it really does rain a lot! It is very pretty, and I love all the green, but it is overcast most days. I needed some bright colors to work with today to make up for lack of sun so I went with some Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, and some Wisteria Wonder. I liked the bright colors popping through the dark background.


The stamp set is Flower Fest( Stampin UP Catalog p 124) which is a great set to color. Even my four year old had to get in on the action and wanted to stamp and color some. The sentiment is from Petite Pairs (Stampin UP Catalog p 164).


Thanks for stopping by today!


Amy

5 comments:

  1. Wowzers, Amy! This is one cheerful card! I love, love, LOVE the color combo and the way you used that stamp set. Everything about your card just makes you want to smile! :) The ribbon treatment is a fun touch, too. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card---and I can't believe you're stamping already after moving! Good for you! So glad you played with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these colors are stunning together! Love how the bright happy flowers pop off the background color...so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, Amy! The color combination is awesome! The flowers are so cheery! I love the flower centers and your ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and such wonderful colours! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete